iTerm is a full featured terminal emulation program written for OS X using Cocoa. We are aiming at providing users with best command line experience under OS X. The letter i represents a native apple look and feel of the program interface, and an emphasis on complete international support.
- Full screen mode for a distraction free environment.
- Transparent windows with blurring and custom background pictures
- Supports select-to-copy and mid-button paste
- Smart window placement
- xterm mouse reporting for click and scroll events
- Focus follow mouse
- Applescript support
- Bonjour support
- Works on PowerPC and Intel Macs on 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6
- terminfo support with flexible custom key-mapping
- Supports a variety of additional xterm escape sequences, including xterm titling sequence and xterm mouse reporting
- ANSI 16 colors, which are also fully customizable
- Supports 256 color mode
- Setting of the COLORFGBG variable for autodetection of color scheme in apps like Vim
- Anti-idle function that avoids disconnection because of no activity
- Tabs can be drag and drop between windows.
- Tab labels can change color to indicate the session activities
- Choose among Metal, Aqua, Adium, and Unified styles
- You can send keyboard input to multiple tabs
Bookmarks and Profiles
- You can fully customize each session, with support of macro in bookmark commands
- Bookmarks can be specified to handle URLs such as ftp.
- Create profiles for managing bookmark settings.
- User can specify a second font to display non-latin characters to achieve best look
- Supports double-width characters, as used in many eastern Asian languages
- Supports all language encodings that are available with OS X