WARNING! These are testing releases! If you want a stable release, please stick to 0.9.6
Version 0.9.6.20090928 includes the following changes:
Version 0.9.6.20090927 includes the following changes:
- Fixed IME when option key is set to meta/esc
- Fix auto software update bug
- Fix showing toolbar when window is maximised (#2765328)
- Fixed window cycling (#2805216, #2688460)
Version 0.9.6.20090923 includes the following changes:
- Don't redraw the screen completely every 0.5 seconds (was too slow)
- Clear text selection when leaving alternate screens, eg vim
- Fixed option key as esc/meta under Snow Leopard (#2849154)
- Fixed focus follows mouse not working when viewing scrollback
Version 0.9.6.20090920.1 includes the following changes:
- Integrated new version of Sparkle for cryptographically protected updates. Should also be better about prompting for updates.
- Draw bold text the old fashioned way, much faster
- Separate bold & highlight attributes for text
- New behaviour gives four distinct modes -- plain, bold, highlight, bold+highlight Use the disable bold option to collapse the last 3 into one
Version 0.9.6.20090919 includes the following changes:
- Fixed blinking text
- Fixed drawing corruption when new text is placed into a full buffer that is not scrolled to the bottom
- Fixed a careless redraw error
- Fixed refreshing of non-active tabs (#2862256)
Version 0.9.6.20090410 includes the following changes:
- Improved performance with full scrollback buffers
- Improved performance with large amounts of input from multiple terminals
- Viewing a menu or holding down the mouse button no longer blocks applications (#2682132)
- Save cursor position separately for alternate screens (#2833765)
- Show correct window titles (#2765347)
- Fixed CMD-num tab switching (#2271203)
- Selection text should always be correct when scrolling
- Always disable Apple's smooth scrolling to avoid drawing corruption
- More reliable and faster drawing
- Selected text will now be invalidated only one of the characters in the selection is changed.
- If no working directory is specified then new tabs will open in the same directory as the previous session. This doesn't work with the default settings yet. Need to execute /bin/bash -li
- Clear the bell symbol upon any key press
- Converted to XCode 3.1 project format and IB 3.0 XIBs
- Report as xterm patch level 95 so Vim detects ttymouse=xterm2, also increased default refresh rate.
Version 0.9.6.20090328 includes the following changes:
- Fixed clipping bottom of fonts that are not Monaco (#2735995)
- Smart window placement remembers initial window (#2736180)
- Windows will no longer be placed under the dock (#2740187)
- Fixed default background colour being drawn over background image
- Fixed a bug when pasting more than 1024 characters of text
- Fix overwriting of static window/bookmark titles (#2744363)
- Revert to old force screen update behaviour for 10.4 (#2738986)
- Rewrote large parts of PTYTask
Version 0.9.6.20090209 includes the following changes:
- Smarter placement of new terminal windows. New windows are positioned on screen to have the smallest overlap with existing terminal windows
- Guaranteed restoration of old window position upon exiting fullscreen
- Dramatically improved scrolling speed. iTerm on 10.5 no longer redraws whole terminal when scrolled, only the lines that have changed
- Scroll on new input stops/starts on pushing home/end respectively
- Allow antialiasing on very small fonts
- Fixed colour drawing bug that was triggered by changing ColorSync profiles, eg new monitors
- High density background colours are now supported
- Cursor is now double width when over a double-width character
- Refactored large parts of terminal drawing code, no more character cache. Selection handling doesn't touch the scrollback buffer.
Version 0.9.6.1201 includes the following changes:
- Fixed permissions problem (again!)
- Fixed rendering bug causing bold characters to be drawn incorrectly, sometimes manifested as invisible characters
- Terminal window title bar displays "Session" if an empty title is set
- Restore window title bar colour when leaving send input to all tabs mode
Version 0.9.6.1021 includes the following changes:
- ITConfigPanel can now only set transparency in integer multiples
- ITConfigPanel font spacing now snaps to ticks
- Fixed the screen blanking bug on setWindowTitle (#2188028)
- Improved the layout of ITConfigPanel
- Removed "Use transparency" button from ITConfigPanel as it was causing confusion. To disable transparency just set it to 0%.
- Fixed a problem with pasting a big chunk of stuff.
- Detached tabs now keep their size/font settings.
- Removed the writing threads to avoid potential sync problems.
- Now iTerm automatically restores its window title after a window resizes.
Version 0.9.6.1012 includes the following changes:
- Fixed a bug that cause crashes when using vim.
- 256 Color palette support (patch provided by Walter Dorwald).
- Improved URL handling for ssh/ftp/telnet.
- iTerm no longer sends a growl alert for a bell event if the winodw is the key window.
- Highlight window when it's in the "send input to all tab" mode.
- Better handling of "fork" errors.
- The anti-idle is no longer sent to all tabs when "send input to all tabs" is on.
- Other minor UI changes and bug fixes.
Release 0.9.6 9/24/08
- Greatly enhanced stability. All the "scrollup" crashes should no longer happen.
- Reduced CPU usage when multiple sessions are open.
- Implemented xterm's window report sequences.
- Bookmark sort now an option.
- Folder name in bookmarks window is now editable.
- Double-clicking folder names in the bookmark window to expand/collapse them.
- Fixed a bug that stops one to create a bbookmark in an empty folder.
- Tweaked close confirmation behavior.
- Allow bookmark names to include macros defined by $$ (bug #2142459).
- Fixed a bug that causes the bell icon never shows.
- Pasting DOS-format strings now no longer have extra new lines.
- Fixed a bug of processing wrapping text.
- Fixed DECCOLM: now screens are correctly cleared.
- If the preference panel loses focus, we now close font menu to avoid confuse.
This is our first release after Leopard was released. Besides the Leopard support,
0.9.6 has the following features and fixes:
- "Blur" effect for transparent windows
- Full screen mode now supports Spaces and multi-monitor setups.
- Automatically set up the locale in terminal sessions.
- Dropping a folder to the iTerm icon opens a new sesssion in the folder path.
- A bunch of UI improvements, including:
- New option to prompt a warning when a multi-tab window is to be closed.
- Double-clicking the tab bar now launches a new session.
- Bookmarks are now sorted alphabetically.
- Double-clicking in the bookmark window now launches a bookmark.
- Editing profile names is now correctly implemented.
- As usual, there are many bug fixes including
- Several keyboard issues are fixed.
- Several fixes for the UTF and double-width characters.
- No more execessive log entries in the system log.
- Fixed a bug that crashes iTerm when using Applescripts.
- Greatly enhanced stability.